Sunday, December 22, 2013

My little ladies...

Yesterday Daniel and I headed over to my in-laws to pick up a couple of chicks my mother-in-law Bonita purchased for me.  She now has four chicks and I have two.  She has two Rhode Island Reds and two Blue Wheaton Ameraucanas and I have two of the Blue Wheatons as well.  We are heading out on this journey together and thankfully she has had chickens before so I will be coming to her with questions as this is my first time.  I don't even have my chicken coop up yet but I do have the materials to start building one.  I will start building it this Friday after Christmas and plan on having it done by two weeks from now. 
Meet Josephine and March.  I have been talking to them and picking them up a lot trying to get them as tame as possible.  Daniel loves to look at them but he doesn't want to touch them, he seems uncertain about what those little creatures might do.  :)  My husband wanted to name them Kentucky and Fried but once I saw them I just couldn't do it.  But I have to say once they stop laying eggs then they will be dinner so I better not get too attached.  We'll see... :)

 Here is what they will look like full grown. 
And this is the color egg they will lay.

I am so excited! I have no idea what I am doing but I am getting as much information as I can and am so glad to have my mother-in-law doing this with me. 

It snowed this past Friday early in the morning which was really fun since I opened at my Starbucks that morning.  A couple of the girls ran outside and took this picture in the snow! Christmas is almost here!  Tomorrow is the big Christmas cookie baking day with my mom!  My fellow Starbucks partners better be ready for a sugar high on Christmas Eve morning at work.  ;)


No comments: